Sunday, May 5, 2013

My Belated Birthday Party~The Food


As I mentioned before, I had a belated birthday party with a handful of family and close family friends. It was delightful! As I'm sure I've said in the past, my mom in an excellent cook, so she made all the food. We had:

Tarragon chicken salad with grapes and celery
Heirloom tomato and mozzarella salad with fresh basil
Home style potato salad with fresh dill and red onions
We also had egg salad and smoked salmon tartines. Everything was fresh and delicious! I think my favorite thing was the potato salad--partly because I love anything starchy and partly because it really was the perfect potato salad with the fresh dill, not too much mayo, and a nice zing from the buttermilk and the grainy Dijon mustard. It's almost a shame the food was so good, no one left much room for dessert (and I made a lot of dessert!)

No comments:

Post a Comment