Saturday, September 8, 2012

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Scones

Peanut butter oatmeal scone
These scones are not at all like traditional scones; they are moist, heavy, and intensely peanutty. The oatmeal is barely noticeable as it overwhelmed by the crunchy peanut butter. That's a good thing in my opinion, I like oatmeal but it's often overused in baked goods.

These are from the new Baked Elements cookbook. I love the Baked cookbooks, I've never found a recipe that wasn't well written, thought out, and delicious. Technically this makes chocolate chip peanut butter oatmeal scones, but they suggest leaving out the chocolate and serving it with jam. I'm not usually one to omit chocolate, but I liked the idea. I gave it a shot and, as I hinted at above, they were delicious. I cut them in half and slathered them with raspberry jam--it was like eating a really delicious and even-less-healthy-than-usual peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment