Friday, September 7, 2012

An Apple for the Teacher

I have a friend who is getting a masters in education. She started student teaching this week and I wanted to bake her something special to celebrate--so I made apple cookies.

No these aren't apple flavored, they are a delicious butter cookie dough (I've used it before) that I flavored with a hint of cinnamon and orange zest. I used a pumpkin cookie cutter from a Halloween cookie cutter set since I don't have an apple cutter. It worked perfectly.

I decorated them with royal icing, piping a border and then flooding them in. For the stem I made piping consistency royal icing and used a wide tip to pipe it on, sort of dragging/cutting off the top end to make it more natural looking.

They were a hit with my friend and, apparently, the other teachers she shared them with. I have a couple new cookie cutters and some leftover dough and royal icing so stay tuned for more cookies soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment