Thursday, December 22, 2011

Caramel Mou


My chef calls these caramel mou ooh ooh, because they are just so good. She's completely right; they're incredible! They aren't quite caramel tasting, but they are very chocolaty. They have an incredible soft (but not too soft) and slightly chewy texture. The sea salt on top brought out the subtle sweet caramelized sugar flavor, which worked perfectly with the dark chocolate that was a major component of the recipe. I think the closest thing I can compare this to as far as texture (and taste to some extent) is good quality chocolate fudge. Yum!

My partner and I didn't quite cook the sugar mixture enough so, unfortunately ours came out slightly soft and cracked a bit on top. I tasted some that came out perfectly and I think ours tasted just as good, the texture just wasn't quite as great. And trust me when I say that the not quite perfect texture didn't stop me from eating it!

No comments:

Post a Comment